Edith Nesbit's delightful story of three children's countryside adventures - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Phyllis, Roberta, and Peter's move from a pampered home where they are cared for by servants and loving parents, to a rustic cottage nearby a railway line. Students and teachers alike will be intrigued by the father's sudden disappearance and the heroic adventures this endearing family share in this cherished tale.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story