Gaston Leroux's influential gothic novel of romance, obsession and madness - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the tragically hideous phantom, the talented and beautiful Christine, and her childhood friend, Raoul de Chagny. Students and teachers alike will be astounded to unveil the secrecy of The Phantom of the Opera.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story