One of Thomas Hardy's finest novels - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the life of Tess d'Urbervilles. In this brilliant tale of love, betrayal, and murder, students will read about a poor, young, country girl who struggles to find her place in society. Students and teachers alike will be gripped by the torment of guilt Tess experiences because of her past and the struggle that tortures her when she falls in love.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story