Henry Rider Haggard's thrilling adventures into Africa - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Allan Quartermain's journey into Kukuanaland for an aristocrat's missing brother. Students and teachers alike will be captivated by hidden treasures, the ruthless King Twala, and a war that will change the lives of everyone involved.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story