Charles Dickens' timeless coming of age story - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about young Pip's rise from being a commoner to a gentleman and his painful unrequited love for the beautiful but emotionally distant Estella Havisham. Students and teachers alike will be engaged by discovering Pip's journey of ambition, disillusionment and finally acceptance.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story