Charles Dickens' expansive story of a boy's maturity into a disciplined young man -English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they witness David Copperfield recount the formative events of his vibrant young life in Victorian England. Students and teachers alike will delight in this engaging tale of struggle and development that is still relevant to contemporary society.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story