The legendary fables of Aesop - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read sixteen selected fables from the master storyteller. Some featured stories are: The Boy Who Cried Wolf, The Hare and the Tortoise, The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, and many more. Students and teachers alike will enjoy these lessons of life presented in each timeless fable.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story